Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bmx Flatlander Julian “coco” Dela Cruz Interview

Basics:
Name: Julian “coco” Dela Cruz
Age: 24
Sex: M
Location: San Juan, La Union
sponsors: none
BMX Dicipline: flatland

Riding:

When did you start riding?

Back in the year 2003 when I first saw Erwin doing a backyard and Chat doing a decade they are flatland riders from Baguio City, I’m amazed  and it looks very cool to me! I then started flatland riding seriously.

How often do you ride?

I ride 3-4 hrs a day but sometimes I take a break for days or weeks if I don’t feel riding.

Do you ride contests?  If yes: your biggest success?

Yes, big thanks to Flipbykes for organizing events like  Flatmaster and Project: Weapon BMX they are keeping the Philippine BMX scene alive.
My biggest success is when I got 1st place in Frenzy Xtreme event a couple of months ago and it’s featured in national TV!

Where do you ride? – Your Spot(s)



I usually ride at my home spot, sometimes I go to town/city and have a session with fellow street riders.

Can you tell us a bit about the riding scene in your town?
The scene here is not that big. Actually I’m the only flatland rider in our province, but I still ride with street riders in different town/city and they are friendly and it motivates me.

Imagine you could make a world tour, which 5 places would you like to visit for riding and why?
1. Japan - flatland paradise.
2. Singapore – citilink spot, the perfect surface for me.
3. Malaysia – I love the flatland scene in that country.
4. Australia – ??
5. France – ??


Is there a goal you would like to reach concerning your riding?
I already reached some of my goals like winning national contests, traveling and making new friends.

Which trick/combo do you work on at the moment?
Barflip tricks, backward spinning stuff and multiple peg boomerangs
(that trick pisses me off).




General stuff:

What kind of music do you like? Tell us your 3 favourite song
1. Greener with the scenery – The Used
2. Hard to fit – The Butchercons
3. AOD – 65 days of static


Tell us 3 things you like and 3 things you don’t like
Like
I like nice people, hot girls and our dog.
I don’t like pretentious people, cockroaches and rain.

What are your hobbies besides bmx and do they influence your way of riding? (for example music you listen to, another sport you make or whatever)
 If  I’m not riding my bike I maybe at  the beach surfing. I also like cooking and watching TV.

Your Bike – Bikecheck:
Please write down your setup:

Frame: St Martin Eiffel
Handlebar: Precision Barfly
Fork:  St Martin Champagne
Headset: Animal
Cranks: Profile
Pedal: Eighty eight
Seat: KHE Watanabe
Sprocket: Profile 20T
Front rim: Voxom single wall
Coster hub: khe geisha
Rear rim: Voxom single wall
Front tire: odyssey freq g 1.75”
Rear tire: primo comet 1.5”
Bar ends: custom
Grips: velo
Seatpost:  khe prismatic
chain: shimano
seatclamp: proper

Last words:
Believe in yourself! Thanks to everyone, mabuhay pinoy bmx scene!

Well said COCO thanks for the interview
=backbgoundcheckbmx=

No comments:

Post a Comment