Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bmx Street Jon Paulo Melo Interview



Basics:

Name: Jon Paulo Melo
Age: 19
Sex: M
Location: Alangilan, Batangas City
sponsors: none
BMX Dicipline: Street

Riding:

When did you start riding?

I have the chance when i was 16 years old, year 2007.

How often do you ride?

Usually 4 or 5 times a week and I practice around 2 or 3hrs a day. I always stop riding 1week every month because of my major exams.

Do you ride contests?  If yes your biggest success?

Nope. Im underground, hehe, I think I must finish my course first. I will be more busy if im not able to attend my classes even it's saturday's and sunday's:(

Where do you ride? – Your Spot(s) 

I take 10-15min stroll from my house. Laurel Park(Capitolio) in Hilltop, Batangas City.

Can you tell us a bit about the riding scene in your town?

Riding scene here is getting better. Our population get's higher. We do participate in different events for more exposure.

Imagine you could make a world tour, which 5 places would you like to visit for riding and why?

Any of the woodward park's made  ^_^. That's the only place I know out of the country.

Is there a goal you would like to reach concerning your riding?

I know I cant be like the famous riders in other country, but that's my goal ahaha!

5 Favorite Local and international rider's?

my favorite local rider's
*Armand mariano
*Alben Santos
*Chong
*Anthonie Bitancor
*Migs Serbanda

my favorite international rider's

*Garett Reynolds
*Shane Weston
*Stevie Churchill

Which trick/combo do you work on at the moment?

*180barspin drop
*hop180barspin hopwhip out
*hop360barspin
*hopbarspinmanual




 
General stuff:


3 Favorites tricks or combo?
hop360
hopbarspin
hopwhip

What kind of music do you like? Tell us your 3 favourite song

Not Now-Blink182
Be My Escape-Reliant K
Snow-RHCP
 
Tell us 3 things you like and 3 things you don’t like

i like riding without t-shirts, i sweat so much.
i like buko juice

i dont like riding alone.
i dont like raining.

What are you doing if you're not riding or off in your bike?

Im studying in my mechanical engineering course, doing/copying assignments. I also watch different videos on youtube and play computer games.
                                                                                                                                What are your hobbies besides bmx and do they influence your way of riding? (for example music you listen to, another sport you make or whatever)

I play guitar(acoustic), watch TV and play computer games.

Your Bike – Bike check:

Please write down your setup:

Frame: 21" colony sect 3
Handlebar: 8.5" kink wolf
Fork:  fit shiv
Headset: FSA
Cranks: GTS
Pedal: animal
Seat: enemy pivotal
Sprocket: 25t DK
Front rim: alex dm24
Rear hub: khe hure
Rear rim: alex dm24
Front tire: fly ruben
Rear tire: mob
Bar ends: DK
Grips: Fly fino
Seatpost: no brand, taiwan made
chain: colored KMC
seatclamp: integrated

any advice to all rider's out there: 
watch youtube for tip's and slow mo's, nagbubuhat dn ako minsan at malaking bagay un sa laro sa katulad ko na street rider. Sa pagpraktis ko ng trick, sinusubukan ko iba't ibang kuha pra malaman ko kung san ako komportable. Dapat interesado ka tlga sa trick at tuloy tuloy ang praktis^_^

Last words: We work hard on the thing's that we enjoy!

Kitakits at Jam tau pag may pagkakataon mga sir! Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment